Friday, January 9, 2015

I am.

Ashlie Robbins
Mrs. Fraser
Creative Writing                                       
8 January 2015                                          
I am Many Things.
I am,   
a daughter, the youngest of three, raised in a large but close family, surrounded by athleticism, and artistic talents.
a sister, the youngest of my two siblings, protected by their love, but still blinded by differences resulting in occasional fights, and followed in comfort.
somewhat a mother to the kitty I own, and keeps me warm at night.
I am,
yummy pizza, saucy Chinese food, and an assortment of berries.
soft, feathery comforter on top of the memory foam mattress, jumbled with an unnecessary amount of pillows.
old and new records from a wide variety of my favorite bands.
varying styles of clothes and books that make me happy.


I am,
5 feet and 9 inches tall with wacky blonde hair and big blue eyes, a shocking resemblance to my mother and sister.
living the freest, and most crucial years of my life, currently 18 years in.
warm, comfortable clothes accommodated with different styles of boots, and my hair falling naturally.
my maturity has settled in and continues to grow, while I am realizing the importance of my decisions, and the many options I am grateful to have.
making a mends with who I have become, and planning for the future to achieve the life I desire and satisfactory and happiness that will follow.

                                                                       

3 comments:

  1. I also love my amazing comforter, it is the main thing that tempts to me sleep in for just "5 more minutes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the "comfort" level you mentioned regarding your sisters and the protectiveness you feel for each other--there's no one who knows more of my history that my two sisters. I am envious of where you are in life and I like how you summed it up: "living the freest, and most crucial years of my life, currently 18 years in." There's so many wonderful things to come for you in life, but you're wise to realize you may never feel as unencumbered as you do right now and that what's happening now is shaping you, not in what career you'll have but in what kind of person you will be. Thanks, Ashlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feel like a mother to their pets. I have three dogs and they all weigh about 5 pounds so it can be easy to lose track of them sometimes!

    ReplyDelete