Thursday, April 2, 2015

{Pillow} Talk

My pillow holds dreams
They are seen in its image
It tells my secrets.

Every night, as I lay my head for a long nights rest, dreams begin to dance throughout my mind. The display themselves to me, hiding little messages. Sometimes these messages may have a deeper meaning and show me how I’m feeling about a subject in my life. Other times it may be just silly remakes of small details I picked up throughout the day before. Either way, my life is constantly haunting my dreams and expressing even the darkest thoughts hidden in the dusty corners of my mind. My pillow, being the provider of a safe and neutral environment for these stories, also becomes the care holder for them. My pillow becomes my memory of even the smallest dreams that I may forget, and therefore, it is my biggest enemy. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of little bits from the "dusty corners" of your mind showing up in your dreams. I find it's often something obscure or something I encountered in my day but didn't give much (enough?) thought to.

    ReplyDelete