Thursday, March 26, 2015

Works Inspired by Edward Hopper

I am the clown. Of course I don't actually look like that, but that's how it feels on the inside. Going out in public with friends, family, anyone. standing out as the odd ball of the group. I interrupt this piece of work as how people feel inside. I know everyone is different. But only ourselves think we stand out for it. This is a representation on how our minds work when we're self conscious.
Story-
I've been so stressed lately. With work, practice, and Zayn leaving One Direction, I've been breaking out like crazy and eating way too much. My eyes are a constant puffball from all the crying and lack of sleep. So when my friends asked me to go out to dinner with them, I was a little skeptical at first. But I decided that this is an opportunity to eat and hopefully feel better.
Getting to the restaurant, I feel like everyone's staring at me, even my friends. Suddenly, i see myself as a clown. A clown for thinking i could do this. A clown for getting out of the house when i know i look so wrecked. Scarfing down my dinner as fast as I can, I make some poor excuse to get the Hell out of there.on the walk home, I start to feel bad again. About all my previous problems, and now for the freak show I just put on. I'm such a clown.

1 comment:

  1. I like your interpretation, Ashlie. I think we can all relate to feeling like we stick out in the worst way. I've often found, though, that people aren't paying nearly as much attention to me as I think they are.

    ReplyDelete